Crock pot Creamy Chicken and wild rice
First I have to say : sorry there is no pictures…..we ate it all.
This is easy..and delicious.
I have been working more and more, and have found my self in many of your shoes, coming home at 6, kids starving, I’m starving, Hubs is due home any time and I don’t have dinner. Not only that, but I don’t have any energy or inclination to cook.
My crock pot has been shoved up in that silly cabinet above the fridge that you never ever get too. Well, I dug it down the other day, and the results were delish. So the dust has been wiped off, the weather has turned (crock pot weather now:) and I’m sure I will be posting a lot more crock pot meals during the winter.
- 1 can each FF cream of chicken & cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 small can FF evaporated milk
- 4 chicken thighs. (I had skin on, and just took the skin off when they were cooked, but off to start might be better.)
- 2-3 big carrots, cut into medallions
- 2 stalks of celery sliced the same width as the carrots
- 11/2 cups of sliced mushrooms
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves diced, (or 2 tsp garlic powder)
- 1 small package of wild rice. (should serve 4)
- chicken stock to fill
Put everything in your crock pot, add enough chicken stock to cover the chicken ( I used about a cup). Put your crock pot on low for about 8 hours, or high for 4-6 hrs. I turned mine on high at noon 30 , and when we walked in at 6 the house smelled amazing, the chicken was falling off the bone.